Allergies are abnormal reactions to ordinarily harmless substances. The sensitizing substances, called allergens, may be inhaled, swallowed, or come into contact with the skin. An allergy is a disorder of the immune system which, causes an exaggerated response within the body when you come into contact with a foreign substance, that would be harmless in most people. The contact can be with your skin, mouth, gullet (esophagus), stomach, intestine or with the lining of your lungs.
Skin allergies, or allergic contact dermatitis, are allergies of skin that occur when a substance that a person is allergic to touches the skin. The symptoms caused by this will appear suddenly and may disappear within half an hour after the attack. Inflammation can occur after being on contact with an item or substance that present no harm at all to people who do not suffer from this allergy.
Types of Skin Allergies:
When you suffer from red, itchy, bumpy skin, these are the signs that you may have a skin allergy.
What is a skin allergy? A skin allergy is a reaction caused by a substance that comes in contact with the skin, thus a skin allergy. Some types of contact skin allergies are dermatitis, eczema and hives.
* Make a paste from sandalwood and limejuice, apply on the affected area it will gives relief from itching.
* Application of mashed almond leaves to the affected area is highly helpful.
* Application of mashed papaya seeds on the area decreases itching.
* Intake of vitamin C reduces the probability of allergies. 1000mg of the vitamin is advisable daily.
* Smoking and heavy alcohol consumption must be restricted.
* Take a glass of water with two tablespoons of cider vinegar.
* Avoid processed meats and pre packed frozen dishes.
* Use Aloe Vera gel to cool and sooth the affected areas on the skin.
* Use regular ice cubes to cool the burning sensation of the skin.
* Do minor to moderate exercise such as swimming, walking, or a light job.