Hernias happen more frequently in certain parts of the body, like the abdomen, groin and upper thigh area, and belly button area. They also can happen in any place where you may have had an incision from surgery.
Pain occurs from hernias for several reasons, Pain can occur because the tissue at and around the hole is being stretched or torn and therefor in some fashion damaged. This usually will cause pain directly at the site of the hernia and is Localized Pain. Pain may also occur as a result of irritation of or damage to area nerves as a result of the hernia and its contents pushing into or pinching the nerves.
Types of Hernia:
There are several types of hernias, including,
* Inguinal, the most common type, is in the groin.
* Umbilical, around the belly button.
* Incisional, through a scar.
* Hiatal, a small opening in the diaphragm that allows the upper part of the stomach to move up into the chest.
* Congenital diaphragmatic, a birth defect that needs surgery.
There might be many signs of Hernia, based on the type and the tissue affected. Mostly all the Hernia start off, as an unnoticeable breakthroughs of the tissues. They just appear as small chunks under the skin, which might be as small as a marble. The starting of Hernia is generally painless. But with time, the size increases as the pressure on the internal walls increases and it turns out to be pretty painful.
* Heavy lifting.
* Straining during a bowel movement or urination.
* Chronic lung disease.
* Fluid in the abdominal cavity.
* Chronic constipation.
* One of the most effective home remedies for hernia is by placing a few bricks under your bed’s head board thereby elevating your bed by at least six inches. Do not use any pillows because it increases pressure in the abdomen area.
* Avoid physical and mental stress. Practicing yoga will do you good for discipline and relaxation.
* Avoid spicy & acidic food.
* Having a healthy lifestyle is very important in treating hernia. If you are a cigarette smoker, you should immediately kick off the habit since smoking increases acidity in the stomach and worsens your condition. You should also avoid drinking alcoholic and caffeinated beverages. Even tea should be avoided.
* Drink warm tea in hot room and sweat it out.
* Do not exercise with full stomach.
* Another effective remedy for hernia is eating rice mixed with buttermilk and ripe banana twice every day. This diet is sure to enhance better digestion and prevent burning due to hernia.
* Do not bend over or lie down after eating.
* If you are overweight, losing weight alone may relieve the symptoms.
* An ice cube may help to control the pain.
* Drink 1/4 cup of aloe vera juice in the morning and again in the night.
* Do not get involved into activities that exhaust you out.